Kunstsammlungen Chemnitz – Henry van de Velde Museum
Art Nouveau meets Augmented Reality in Chemnitz: Villa Esche was designed by Belgian architect Henry van de Velde. Today, the building houses the Henry van de Velde Museum as part of the Kunstsammlungen Chemnitz. The new museum app Virtual van de Velde turns the visit into an interactive learning experience for school classes, young people & the young at heart by means of augmented reality and gamification.
- Augmented Reality
- Quiz tour & multilayer reward system
- Avatar-based storytelling & interactive visitor experience
- Multiplayer mode/school class mode
- Multimedia guide: audios, videos, pictures and reading material about the exhibition (also offline available)
- Opening hours, directions, service information
- Accessibility: adjust font size and contrast
At various stations, the architect and former residents of the villa tell their story through multimedia content, puzzles and AR experiences. In this way, visitors experience a journey through time to fin de siècle Chemnitz guided by avatars.
The project was funded by the “dive in” digital interaction program of the German Federal Cultural Foundation.